Visit colorful, historic Naples and then write in the peaceful serenity of San Mauro, an ancient mountaintop village with gorgeous vistas and a view of the Mediterranean Sea.
June 22-23 Evening departure from USA; morning arrival in Naples
June 23 and 24 Naples (1 breakfast and 2 dinners included)
June 25 Leave Naples and arrive in San Mauro (1 breakfast and 1 dinner included)
June 26-30 San Mauro (5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 5 dinners included)
July 1 Leave San Mauro and arrive in Naples (1 breakfast and 1 dinner included)
July 2 Depart Naples for USA (1 breakfast included)
Naples: Starhotel Terminus
San Mauro: Villa Bernadette B&B; La Tre Querce B&B
$1,999 excluding airfare to be paid in full by April 15, 2017 ($300 deposit required ASAP; reservations will be made on a first-come-first-served basis)
- Hotel accommodations (3 nights in Naples; 6 nights in San Mauro)
- 23 meals
- Round trip transportation on air conditioned van from Naples to San Mauro and back. (Five hour trip with convenient rest stops)
- Four afternoon excursions from San Mauro. Tour fees included.
- Writing workshops and feedback sessions with Maria Mazziotti Gillan in San Mauro
- Participation in poetry readings
- Opportunity to meet an Italian-English translator/American Studies professor
NOT INCLUDED: Air fare, travel and medical insurance (proof of insurance required prior to departure), wine and alcoholic beverages, personal expenses, additional accommodations
AIRFARE INFO: We are attempting to negotiate a group rate for airfare, economy class. However it is still too soon for the airlines to give us fare information. It will take a few more months before we learn the specifics. If you prefer to use your frequent flyer miles, feel free to make your own arrangements.
COME WITH A NON-WRITING COMPANION
Couples will share a double bed in your room; other companions will have their own rooms
Fee for companion is $1,499. Fee includes everything except the writing workshops and tutorials.
GOOD TO KNOW
- You will be free to explore Naples on your own. Be sure to try their world-famous pizza
- If you would like to extend your trip any other city in Italy, we will be happy to make suggestions.
- Bring a swimsuit in case you want to take a dip in the Mediterranean Sea. We will arrange for a van to take you down to the beach at the foot of the mountain and pick you up (no extra charge)
- Be sure to bring very strong sun block lotion
- Be prepared to eat wonderfully well. The Southern Italians don’t fool around when it comes to food.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific details.
Maria Mazziotti Gillan is the author of twenty books. Her latest publication is the poetry and art collection, The Girls in the Chartreuse Jackets. Maria's official website is at MariaGillan.com.