|A view of the Falls from Overlook Park|
2018 ART IN THE PARK SHOWCASE
OCTOBER 14, 1 – 4 PM AT OVERLOOK PARK
THE PATERSON GREAT FALLS NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK
The 2018 Art in the Park Showcase will take place on Friday, October 14, 2018, from 1 – 4 p.m., at Overlook Park, located at the Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park, 72 McBride Avenue in Paterson, NJ. The rain date is October 21.
Admission is free.
Performances will include professional artists and youth mentored in dance and music workshops held in Paterson over the summer.
Programming presented by the Passaic County Cultural & Heritage Council at Passaic County Community College, and funded by a National Endowment for the Arts ArtWorks grant.
- award-winning spoken word poets, including reg e. gaines and Vincent Toro
- salsa/world music from People of Earth
- the Inner City Ensemble with dancers from Rosa L. Parks School of Fine & Performing Arts and Passaic County Technical Institute
- the Paterson Music Project featuring Community Charter School students
- a wall mural by Halls that Inspire
- sculpture by Barbara Wallace.
“The arts and the falls have always been inextricably linked, and this project will inspire more people to connect to the national park in Paterson," says Darren Boch, superintendent of the Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park.
The Park is accessible with assistance; for more information, please call 973-684-5444 or write to email@example.com