- A Favorite Poem: "Ode to Elizabeth" by Joe Weil
- Beloved Song: "Black, Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair' ("Because it's the folk song my husband always sang to me.")
- Greatest strengths: "My energy and enthusiasm."
- Greatest weakness: "My inability to say no."
- On why Paterson is a breeding ground for poets: "It's a city full of immigrants and for me it will always be vital and alive with the hopes and dreams of people from somewhere else. Their spirit keeps the energy flowing."
- Favorite spots in Paterson: "The Roma Club on Cianci Street, where they make the best espresso in the world, and the Great Falls, especially after heavy rain."